Bleck Madonna

Saturday, February 14, 2015

Meditation: St. John of the Cross-Spiritual Canticle



5 strophes  were used from the Canticle





O spring like crystal!





              If only, on your silvered-over
faces,


              you would suddenly form


              the eyes I have desired,


              which I bear sketched deep within
my heart.


 



            Following
your footprints


              maidens run along the way;


              the touch of a spark,


              the spiced wine,


              cause flowings in them from the
balsam of God.


 


               When
you looked at me


               your eyes imprinted your grace in me;


              for this you loved me ardently;


              and thus my eyes deserved


             
to adore what they beheld in you.


 


            The small white dove


              has returned to the ark with an
olive branch;


              and now the turtledove


              has found its longed-for mate


             
by the green river banks.


 


           She lived in solitude,


              and now in solitude has built her
nest;


              and in solitude he guides her,


              he alone, who also bears


             
in solitude the wound of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment